- About Us
|Adult, Teen & Children’s Books||3 weeks||no limits|
|Playaway Devices||3 weeks||limit 2|
|Teen Graphic Novels||3 weeks||limit 5|
|New Adult Books||2 weeks||no limits|
|Adult Paperbacks||3 weeks||no limits|
|Pamphlet File Materials||3 weeks||no limits|
|Board Games||3 weeks||no limits|
|Audio Books & CDs||2 weeks||no limits|
|Telescope Kit||2 weeks||no limits|
|Other Adult & Children Kits||3 weeks||no limits|
|Cake Pans||2 weeks||no limits|
|DVDs||1 week||limit 6|
Most materials can be renewed once by calling the library or going online. No renewals for items on reserve.
- Books and periodicals: $.05 cents per day
- Audio Books and Cassettes: $ .10 cents per day
- CDs: $1.00 per day
- Video Tapes: $ .10 cents per day
- DVDs: $1.00 per day
The full Library Circulation Policy detailing information on user privileges (library card eligibility), checkout limits, and overdue fees may be read here: Library Circulation Policy (Reviewed March 2023).
- It is necessary to have a valid library card in order to check out materials or to access electronic resources away from the library.
- Residents of the City of La Vista are taxed for library services and receive a borrower’s card without an additional charge. La Vista Business owner’s, Metropolitan Community College students, faculty and staff, and local teachers can also receive a membership at no additional cost.
- People who live outside the city limits are not taxed for library services, but are welcome to join the library by paying a $60 family non-resident annual fee, $35.00 family non-resident fee for 6 months or $7.00 non-resident fee for 1 month.
- Lost library cards can be replaced for $3.00
- Library cards will be issued to all adults 16 and older and minor children ages 5-15 with parental consent.
The La Vista Public Library does not monitor, and has no control over, information accessed through the Internet and cannot be responsible for its content. As with all other library materials, children's access to the Internet is the sole responsibility of the child's parent or guardian.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- Water in a sealed container with a screw top lid is allowed with the exception of inside the computer lab.
You may read the full Food and Drink Policy here: Food and Drink Policy (Reviewed May 2022)
- To have something posted on the library bulletin board organizations must first get approval by the library director.
You may read the full Bulletin Board policy on what notices we might accept here: Library Bulletin Board Policy (Reviewed May 2022)
- Library personnel will follow regulations as set forth in the City of La Vista, Nebraska Personnel Manual.
- Library Personnel Policy (Reviewed March 2023)
Makerspace and Special Equipment
To see information on policies regarding special equipment (3D printer, telescope kit, etc.) click the link to this page.