View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
LA VISTA CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
May 6, 2008
Harold “Andy” Anderson Council Chamber
La Vista City Hall
8116 Park View Blvd.
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Announcement of Location of Posted Open Meetings Act
· Proclamations – Public Service Recognition Week*, Building Safety Week*, National Police Week*, Municipal Clerks' Week
· Presentations – Leadership Sarpy Class Projects
A. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Approval of the Agenda as Presented
2. Approval of City Council Minutes* from April 15, 2008
3. Approval of Park & Recreation Advisory Committee Minutes* from April 16, 2008
4. Pay request No. 5 from Leo A Daly* for Municipal Facilities Plan - $15,000.00
5. Pay request from Douglas County Engineer* for Bridge Rehab – 93rd & Harrison - $23,096.70.
6. Keystone Trail
a. Pay request No. 7 from Thompson, Dreessen & Dorner, Inc.* for professional services - $2,137.45
7. Approval of Claims*
· Reports from City Administrator and Department Heads
B. Board of Equalization* – Levy of Special Assessments - Southport West (adjourned from 3/18/2008 meeting)
1. Public Hearing (continued from 3/18/2008 meeting)
2. Resolution – Levy Special Assessments
C. Call for Redemption of Bonds* and Refunding Series 2008 Bond Issue
1. Resolution – Call of Various Purpose Bonds, 2001 Series for redemption.
2. Resolution – Call of Various Purpose Bonds, 2002 Series for redemption.
3. Resolution – Call of General Obligation Bonds, 2001 Series for redemption.
4. Resolution – Call of General Obligation Bonds, 2002 Series for redemption.
5. Ordinance – Refunding Series 2008 Bond Issue
D. Ordinances* – Amend and add sections to Chapter 91: Fire regulations of the Municipal Code
1. Ordinance – Amend Section 91.08 of Municipal Code – Fireplaces and Indoor Incinerators
2. Ordinance – Add Section 91.061 and 91.062 to municipal code – Definitions and restrictions
3. Ordinance – Add Section 91.09 to municipal code – Burning materials allowed and not allowed
E. Resolution* – Award Contract – Golf Course Cart Paths
F. Amendment* to CDBG Recovered Program Income Reuse Plan
1. Public Hearing
G. Resolution* – Special Designated License – Glory Days Inc. dba J-Birds Food & Spirits Lounge – May 31, 2008
H.** Executive Session - Strategy Session/Negotiating Guidance – Keno Lottery; Strategy Session/Negotiating Guidance - Interlocal Agreement
· Comments from the Floor
· Comments from Mayor and Council
· Adjournment **Amended 5/5/2008 at 4:35 p.m.
*Note: Adobe Reader is required to view the attached documents on the agenda. Download times will vary depending on the size of the document.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend all meetings. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Clerk prior to the meeting at 402-331-4343. A copy of the Open Meeting Act is posted in the Council Chamber and available in the public copies of the Council packet. Citizens may address the Mayor and Council under "Comments from the Floor." Comments should be limited to five minutes. We ask for your cooperation in order to provide for an organized meeting.