View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
LA VISTA CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
July 15, 2008
Harold “Andy” Anderson Council Chamber
La Vista City Hall
8116 Park View Blvd.
· Call to Order
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Announcement of Location of Posted Open Meetings Act
· Service Awards – Mike Farquhar* – 10 Years; Jeff Corbit*, Brian Jones*, and Mandy West* – 5 Years
· Appointment – Fire Captain – Neil Archibald
· Presentation of Badges to Fire Department Personnel – Oliver Berglund ,Tyler Gowan, Greg Graham, Heather Levi , Don McKay, James Tiehen, Jen Villotta
· Presentation of Letters of Commendation - T. J. Markowsky, Rob Witt, Melanie Smith, and Bo Wilson**
A. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Approval of the Agenda as Presented
2. Approval of City Council Minutes* from July 1, 2008
3. Pay request No. 10 from John Q. Hammons* for Construction Loan - $1,005,929.89
4. Pay request from Bainbridge Leadership Center* for Leadership Coaching - $7,500.00
5. Pay request from Kirkham Michael* for GIS Conversion Professional Services - $3,626.00
6. Pay Request from Water’s Edge Aquatic Design, LLC* for swimming pool concept plan - $1,500.00
7. Pay request No. 7 from Leo A Daly* for Municipal Facilities Plan - $3,000.00
8. Approval of Claims*
· Reports from City Administrator and Department Heads
B. Ordinance* – Amend Section 91.08 of La Vista Municipal Code - Fireplaces and Indoor Incinerators
C. Resolution* – Request to obligate CDBG Funding – Planning/Engineering Study & Food Processing Co.
D. Resolution* – Amendment to extend Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Sarpy County for Underage Drinking Investigation Reimbursement
E. Special Assessment* for Property Improvements
1. Public Hearing
F. Executive Session – Strategy Session/Negotiating Guidance – Keno Lottery
· Comments from the Floor
· Comments from Mayor and Council
** Amended 07/14/2008 at 4:00 p.m.
*Note: Adobe Reader is required to view the attached documents on the agenda. Download times will vary depending on the size of the document.
The public is welcome and encouraged to attend all meetings. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Clerk prior to the meeting at 402-331-4343. A copy of the Open Meeting Act is posted in the Council Chamber and available in the public copies of the Council packet. Citizens may address the Mayor and Council under "Comments from the Floor." Comments should be limited to five minutes. We ask for your cooperation in order to provide for an organized meeting.