Programs Offered to Children
The La Vista Public Library offers many services to children of the community. Below is a listing of current services offered to children, birth through fourth grade.
Younger Children (Birth-Age 6)
Creative Hands programs are activities geared towards kids ages 0-6 and their caregivers. Many of these activities help kids improve fine motor skills, develop critical thinking, and improve socialization. Adults are encouraged to participate in activities with their children. To see specifically what activities are coming up head to the Creative Hands Page.
The next Creative Hands is on..
- Friday, April 14 at 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 28 at 10 a.m.
Music and Movement
Get ready to boogie with song and dance! From singing our favorite nursery rhymes to playing music with shakers your little one will love this program!
The next Music and Movement is on...
Parents and guardians can choose which time session they would like to attend. Each program lasts 30 min. Due to popularity we ask that you only attend at 9:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m., not both.
- Friday, April 21 at 9:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 5 at 9:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 19 at 9:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.
We love reading and we love sharing that with you! Children are invited to the library for some stories and fun activities. We do a variety of in-person and virtual storytimes throughout the year. For more information on upcoming storytimes, go to the Storytimes Page on our website.
For Older Children (and their younger siblings!)
Once a month the library has STEAM Club! This activity is recommended for students ages 8+. It happens after school on a Wednesday. Get ready to explore science, technology, engineering, art and math with fun activities all year long.
The next STEAM Club is on...
- Wednesday, April 5 at 4 p.m. - We will be making Mario Karts!
- Wednesday, May 3 at 4 p.m. - Activity TBD
This after school activity is all about exploring art and your own creativity! Kids ages 4+ are welcome to join us once a month as we do a new art project. Kids of all ages will enjoy this event as a variety of art projects are offered.
The next Crafternoon is on...
- Thursday, April 13 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 11 at 4 p.m.
Virtual LEGO Club
Join us on Zoom for building challenges and fun! You will need your own Lego bricks or other building toys at home to participate. Check the calendar or email Ms. Jodi for the meeting ID and password.
The next Virtual LEGO Club is on...
- Monday, April 17 at 4 p.m.
- Due to declining popularity, April will be the last Virtual LEGO club. Stay tuned for more information on in-person LEGO programs in the future.
- If Papillion/La Vista Community Schools close due to inclement weather, all programs at the library will be canceled.
- For information about these services, email the Library or call to talk to a librarian at 402-537-3900