Each week on Friday we’ll help you discover some fun activities that you can do by yourself or with your family.
When you’ve completed each activity, share pictures of you and your family’s hunt on your social media and tag the City and use the hashtag #LoveLaVista.
COOKING AT HOME
The How to Cook website has some fun recipes for you to try from home! Get your kids involved and make it a fun, family activity that's also educational!
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES FOR KIDS:
- Read and play games with Dr. Seuss - check out Seussville
- Play an Animal Game
- Math and Reading - work on your skills now
- Online Stories with Storyline
- At Home Science Experiments - get a library of experiments
- Puzzles for Kids - with Hidden Pictures
- Learn a Language - with an online learning tool
- Discovery Kids Museum - make discoveries at home
- Learning at home resources
- Watch and play a variety of GoNoodle virtual games focused on movement and mindfulness
- Start a COVID-19 time capsule
- Explore and connect to the natural world.
JUST FOR FUN:
- Host a Netflix viewing party If you and your friends or family have a Netflix subscription, you can schedule a time to watch a movie or show synced together. A free Google Chrome extension called Netflix Party syncs video playback so you can play and pause at the same time. It also has a group chat feature so you can keep the conversation going while you watch. Everyone in the party has to have a Netflix account.
- Free entertainment to help you survive social distancing HBO, MasterClass, Marvel comics, and lots more, including movies, books, concerts, exercise and guitar lessons. Free entertainment to help you survive coronavirus social distancing.
- Trash anyone? Learn this game.
- Online Music Festival
- Entertain the kids with Funology!
- Brain Games for Dogs - play a game with your dog
- Photography Classes with Nikon
- Browse hundreds of FREE online jigsaw puzzles
- Park activities that you can do from home!-click here
- Global Music Listening Party by the Green Music Center- click here
IDEAS FOR CONNECTING WITH FAMILY:
Technology abounds in our day and age, which allows us to connect with our friends and family! Below are some ideas you can use by choosing your favorite platform, whether it be Zoom, Facetime, Facebook Messenger or whatever else you choose.
- Coffee with a friend
- Cocktail party
- Sunday dinner with family
Fun YouTube Searches
- Little Sports
- Moe Jones
- Zumba Kids
- Move Tube Network
- Baby Shark Challenge
- DeAvera Todd
- Baby Shark Official