La Vista residents and businesses are invited to spread kindness by participating in La Vista Gives Back. This event is La Vista's first-ever citywide week of service.
La Vista Gives Back will take place on National Volunteer Week which is April 21-27. We challenge everyone to be creative and find ways to give back by volunteering time, talents or resources.
Visit SHARE Omaha online to find volunteer opportunities and non-profit organizations that need help.
The SHARE Omaha website allows you to select filters such as opportunity type, group size, causes and more.
Because one act of kindness can inspire others to take action, everyone is encouraged to flood social media with their good deeds and share how they are giving back using #LaVistaGives.
• Give employees 2-4 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
• Allow employees to pay for a casual day to raise money for a local non-profit.
• Invite employees to clean a parking lot/outdoor area for both your company and a neighbor company.
• Organize a food, toy or clothing collection day/week.
• Declutter toys and donate to local organizations in need.
• Clean neighborhood parks or streets.
• Color pictures/write notes to seniors or veterans in the community.
• Hold a lemonade stand and donate proceeds to a local non-profit organization.
• Help a neighbor with yard work.
• Offer to babysit for a neighbor or relative.
• Share information about local non-profits on your social media.
• Write thank you notes for veterans and deliver them to your local American Legion or other group.
• Donate old clothes or other items to local organizations.
• Help take large items to donation sites or the dump for neighbors or friends.
• Declutter and donate items.
• Help an elderly neighbor with household chores.
• Collect and donate supplies to the food pantry.