Is an occupational license required to do business in La Vista?
Occupation licenses, in general, are required for constructor/trades, real estate, insurance, automobile sales, sales from motor vehicle, trash haulers, as well as a number of other categories who provide their services within the La Vista city limits, regardless of their address. Retail and commercial businesses within the La Vista city limits are also required to register for licensing. Fees vary by category. Licenses are issued on a calendar year basis, and renewable each January 1st, after which late fees will be added.

If you wish to inquire as to whether a business has an occupation license, or if you need to obtain one, please call 402-331-4343 for further information.
Additional Information

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit for a garage sale sign and miscellaneous small signs?
2. I am digging for construction or gardening, who do I need to call?
3. Can I store a boat, trailer, or camper on my property?
4. Is an occupational license required to do business in La Vista?
5. Do I need an Inspection on my building permit?
6. Do I need a permit to put up a swimming/wading pool?
7. Do I need an approved set of plans on site for inspections?
8. What do I need to submit for a building permit?
9. I want to start up a home-based business, Does the City of La Vista require a license beyond that, which may or may not be required by the State of Nebraska?