Mobile Food Vendors
The La Vista City Council passed Ordinance No. 1396 (PDF) establishing rules, regulations, and a licensing process for mobile food vendors on August 4, 2020.
All mobile food vendors must have a valid mobile food vendor license to operate in La Vista. To obtain a license, the application packet should be completed and submitted to the City Clerk at City Hall, 8116 Park View Blvd. Licenses are valid from January 1 through December 31 and must be renewed annually.
Licensed mobile food vendors who want to adjust the dates, times, and locations of their operations must complete an addendum form.
The application and addendum forms are available at the following links:
The following questions and answers are provided for general informational purposes. Actual requirements of the tax will be governed by provisions approved by the Mayor and City Council from time to time.
- Can I operate my mobile food vending vehicle on private property?
- Can I leave my mobile food vending vehicle overnight?
- Are mobile food vendors required to pay the Restaurants and Drinking Places Occupation Tax?
- My mobile food vendor license has already been approved, but I want to operate on additional days or in another location. What should I do?
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions or need more information?